Full Form of IRS is Indian Revenue Service. Here are the full form of some important posts which are allocated through UPSC Civil Services Examination.
1. IAS : Indian Administrative Service
2. IPS : Indian Police Service
3.IFS : Indian Foreign Service
4. IRS: Full Form of IRS is Indian Revenue Service
5. IRTS : Indian Railway Traffic Service
6. Indian Postal Service
7. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’
8. Delhi and Andman Nicobar Police Service.
9. Indian P&T Accounts & Finance
10. Indian Audit & Accounts Service
11. Indian Defence Accounts Service
12. Indian Ordnance Factories Service
13. Indian Civil Accounts Service
14. Indian Railway Accounts Service
15. Indian Railway Personnel Service
16.Indian Defence Estates Service Gr. ‘A’
17. Indian Information Service, Gr. ‘A’
18. Indian Trade Service Gr. ‘A’
19. Indian Corporate Law Service
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr.’B’ (Section Officers’ Grade)
21. Pondicherry Civil Service, (Group B)
These are some important posts which are allocated by UPSC. In this two are All India Services, IAS and IPS.
How these services are allotted ?
For recruitment to these services exam are conducted by Union Public Service Commission, a constitutional body every year. Based on marks scored by candidates in this examination Merit List is made. Service allocation to the various candidates depends upon different factors like Marks Scored in examination, choice made by candidate in Detailed Application Form, Seat vacant, category of candidate.
How many services in India are All India Services?
There are three All India Services in India.
1. IAS : Indian Administrative Services.
2. IPS : Indian Police Service.
3. IFoS : Indian Forest Service
How All India Services are different from other services?
All India Services are different from other services in various aspects.
(i) Way of creation : The All India Services are created by the parliament with special recommendation of Rajya Sabha(Article 312 of Indian Constitution). For creation of All India Services a bill has to pass with special majority in Rajya Sabha.
(ii) Special protection provided to the members of All India Services : There are various special protection has been provided in constitution to enable its members to provide free and fair advice.
In Indian constitution Article 310 to 316 are dedicated to All India Services.
(iii) Appointment and Removal : The members of All India Services are removed from their service by President of India only.
(iv) Function : It works under both centre as well as state government.
(v) Various posts are reserved for All India Services,especially IAS : There are many top level posts which are reserved for IAS. It is not by law but by convention. Like Cabinet Secretary, Chief Secretary, Secretary to various ministries (in most cases)….etc.
How to prepare for IRS Examination ?
The educational qualification for IRS examination is graduation. For better result one should start preparing for IRS examination from second year of graduation. One should start preparation for IRS by reading newspaper on daily basis. Apart from reading newspaper you should start reading NCERT books from VI to XII. The subjects in which NCERT books are most helpful are History, Geography , polity, environment and ecology.
Read these NCERT books before joining any coaching institute.
To know more about list of NCERT Books Click Here
Which coaching is best for IRS Examination?
There are many coaching institutes which offer courses for IRS examination. You can join coaching classes in various mode.
1. Offline Classroom programme
2. Online Classroom Programme
3. Postal Course
What are the various qualification criteria for IRS examination?
Before applying for IRS examination one should must check the various qualification criteria which is necessary to appear in this examination. Three main criteria which a candidate should check before applying for IRS examination.
1. Educational qualification : Graduation
2. Age Limit : 32 years for unreserved category,
: 35 years for OBCs
: 37 years for SC/ST
3. Number of attempts : 6 attempts for unreserved category
: 9 attempts for OBCs
: No limit for SC/ST
To know more about educational qualification, age limit and number of attempts Click Here
Who is responsible to conduct examination for IRS?
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is responsible to conduct examination for various civil services including IAS, IPS and IRS. UPSC is a constitutional body and its headquarter is situated in New Delhi.
Notification for Civil Services is released in month of February/ March. Application period during which a candidate can apply for this examination is around one month from the date on which notification has been released.
Examination for Civil Services is conducted in three steps.
Prelims : May/June
Interview : February/March/April
To know more about number of papers and Marks at each stage Click Here
What are the important post which is hold by an IRS officer?
During his carrier an IRS officer hold various important posts in Central Government. Some of the important posts are given below Income Tax Commissioner.